On 15th November, we held a webinar on ‘How to Future Proof your Customer Support Strategy with Conversational AI’.
Urvashi, Country Manager – India Sales was joined by our speakers, Sumitra Patnaik, Head of Customer Service, OLX (e-commerce company). And Tanay Chothani, CEO, Travelxp (travel and tourism) to get an in-depth view on how AI-driven bot platforms can help future-proof your customer support infrastructure and deliver a consistent customer experience.
Sumitra Patnaik is a Green Belt Six Sigma certified professional with over 15 years of experience in the industry. Currently, she heads customer support for the classifieds business in OLX India. She is responsible for driving consistency in customer support standards across various customer touch-points. Plus, she ensures a balance between the customer support strategy with both operational delivery and process efficiency.
Tanay Chothani is a determined leader building the world’s favourite experiential travel brand. As CEO of Travelxp.com, he works with the most committed and hard-working team to create great travel products and help enthusiastic travellers explore the world.
In this 40-minute session, the panellists discuss what steps to take to future-proof your business’ customer support infrastructure. They spoke about their experience while leading teams of 100-150+ and managing customer experience at different touchpoints.
Some main questions covered in this webinar included:
- How conversational AI and automation help brands ensure consistent quality levels in customer service
- Best practices for new organisations to follow in order to modernise their CX strategy and philosophy
- Why proactive support and scalability are no longer at different ends of the spectrum
- Key challenges brands face with poor chatbot solutions
Some key takeaways from the webinar are:
- There are three main challenges every customer service team is facing. 1. call time to resolution. 2. delivering empathy at scale. 3. doing customer service right.
- Consumers today use social media like never before. Hence, it has become imperative to support them on chat in addition to call centre, email and social media.
- An important factor for good customer service would be to analyse and segment the audience based on call and chat data.
- Multilingual support is crucial. When people are frustrated, they want to feel comfortable. And by creating a comfortable experience (such as conversing in a language they are comforatble in) at that moment helps both customers and the brands.
- Automation helps solve the time barrier and also allows you to change course very quickly. For example, if you’re having a certain problem with the way you are reaching out to a customer, retraining an entire support team can be a huge hassle. But writing a new recipe and retraining a bot, it’s a much easier process. Your time to turn around the entire process is much faster.
Sumitra and Tanay share more interesting views on integrations, GDP3, NLP, training AI, selecting a bot platform, operational costs, the 80-20 rule of automation in customer support, proactive support, ways to improve customer satisfaction and much more.
For those of you who missed the webinar, you can still watch the full session here.
If you’d like to learn more about how conversational AI can help your business, get in touch with our team and get a free demo of the product.