WhatsApp is the most popular messaging application in the world. With WhatsApp chatbots, you can talk to your customers around the clock, on a platform of their choosing. Here you will find WhatsApp chatbot use cases, WhatsApp chatbot applications and WhatsApp chatbot templates.
WhatsApp chatbot for Business helps you generate leads, provide support and engage customers in real-time, for over 1.5 billion + users. But what are the best industries for a WhatsApp chatbot?
Best industries for WhatsApp chatbots
In this article, we’ll discuss the various industries, use cases and templates that are ideal for a WhatsApp chatbot.
WhatsApp chatbot applications for the eCommerce industry
eCommerce or electronic/internet commerce is one of the fastest-growing global consumer segments.
There are billions of consumers on their phones and computers shopping online every day. Sending them updates through emails is ineffective and slow.
Chatbots on WhatsApp allow eCommerce companies to reach out to their customers in real-time, around the clock, in a two-way conversation.
With the eCommerce WhatsApp chatbot, companies can answer queries, track order statuses, send payment confirmations, process returns and collect product reviews all in a single interface.
Typically 80% of a company’s queries come from 20% of their FAQ dataset. Automating this 20% allows you to free monetary and manpower resources into more effective campaigns.
WhatsApp chatbot use-cases for eCommerce companies-
- Support in Sales Funnel – Customers can interact with an eCommerce company’s WhatsApp Bot during the sales process and ask queries. Customers can ask about price, quality, quantity, delivery date, etc. Customers can also schedule refunds, return products, and exchange products, all using the bot interface.
- Place Orders – A WhatsApp Bot can help customers place orders by funnelling them in through ads. Collect leads from interactive ads on Instagram, Facebook, and Browsers using ‘Contact Us’ click to chat WhatsApp CTA’s and guide them through the process.
- Feedback and CSAT – Feedback and ratings are a key part of the post-sales process in the eCommerce industry. Companies send out emails to customers after every purchase to collect reviews, feedback, and CSAT. Send outbound messages to customers on WhatsApp and automate these processes at scale. Learn how you can collect CSAT on WhatsApp with Verloop.io here.
WhatsApp chatbot use cases for banks
When it comes to tech innovations, banks have been at the forefront.
Banks deal with thousands of customers every day. These interactions include generating new leads, onboarding new customers, answering user queries, and upselling to existing customers. Given the scale of these interactions, it’s almost impossible for banks to rely on human agents to provide delightful customer experiences.
Another aspect that banks need to consider more than other industries is security as they field sensitive customer data. Hence, they need a tool that can match their requirements.
A WhatsApp Chatbot for Banking solves the above problems for banks, from the comfort of the user’s phone. And with WhatsApp chatbots seeing 3x higher conversion rates than other channels, WhatsApp chatbots are the preferred method of communication these days.
Some common use cases for banking WhatsApp chatbots include:
- Customer acquisition – From generating leads, to qualifying prospects and following up with potential customers, banks can automate and use AI-powered chatbots to interact with users.
- Customer support – WhatsApp chatbots for Business allow banks to automate their L1 queries and frequently asked questions with FAQ chatbots. And for a complex question, these WhatsApp bots allow users to connect with human agents.
- Customer engagement – Be it collecting feedback or sending alerts and notifications, WhatsApp chatbots are great for customer engagement as they see higher deliver, open and read rates. Users can also upload documents on WhatsApp to complete their KYC or open accounts.
WhatsApp chatbot applications for real estate companies
There is an important fiscal distinction that separates Real Estate from other industries in this list – The Cost of Losing a Lead.
For example, the cost of losing a lead in an eCommerce business is only a few dollars. But by virtue of the much larger average cart size in Real Estate, the cost of losing a lead is hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Every lead a real estate company loses represents a significant chunk of lost potential revenue.
Using a WhatsApp Chatbot for Business, a real estate company can automatically generate and qualify leads round the clock.
Collect names, email IDs, phone numbers, budget, locality, and other such qualifying questions. Handoff these leads seamlessly to your agents and close more leads every day.
Better qualified leads = more closed leads = higher revenue.
WhatsApp chatbot use-cases for real-estate companies –
- Collect details of interested customers – As we mentioned earlier, losing a real estate lead costs a large $ amount. Use a WhatsApp Chatbot so that customers can talk to you on a platform of their choice. Collect information like name, email ID, phone number, budget, no of bedrooms, location, etc. After you’ve generated the lead, simply continue the conversation on the same thread and convert them to a sale.
- Visit booking and confirmations – Once a company’s generated a lead, the next step is to coordinate a visit to the site. Instead of having an endless chain of emails or constant back and forth calls, move to WhatsApp. Customers can schedule visits on WhatsApp and companies can send them reminders on the date of the visit.
- Payment reminder – Customers can also be sent reminders for pending payments, from EMI’s to maintenance. Gently nudge customers to clear dues and ensure you don’t have to chase them after the due date.
Suggested Reading: Real Estate Chatbot: The Ultimate Guide
WhatsApp chatbot use cases for fintech industries
Much like eCommerce and banking, Fintech is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world.
As consumers move away from traditional brick and mortar financial institutions, startups propelled by big data and complex algorithms look to revolutionize the sector.
Using a WhatsApp Chatbot for Fintech customers can submit KYC documents, get debit and credit notifications, receive portfolio performance updates, apply for loans and file fraud complaints.
The financial industry is expected to save over $8 billion using Chatbots.
WhatsApp chatbots for business can also remind customers about incomplete forms, non-submission of documents, or simply generate leads from interested customers.
Read our article on opt-ins to understand how customers can reach out to the companies to show their interest in the company.
WhatsApp chatbot use-cases for fintech companies-
- Reengage Incomplete Leads – Customers who have dropped off during the lead generation process can be encouraged to use WhatsApp. From resubmission of documents to collecting necessary details, improve your conversion by engaging customers who would’ve otherwise been lost.
- Educate Prospects into Customers – Financial products have steep learning curves. This often deters customers from signing up, purchasing or reviewing your product. Engage your customers and answer their questions through your WhatsApp Bot. Automate your FAQs and seamlessly transfer high-level queries to human reps.
- Provide 24/7 Support – When it comes to money, customers demand quick and timely support. Provide excellent customer support to your customers around the clock using a WhatsApp Chatbot. Learn how Scripbox Deploys an AI-powered chatbot on website and WhatsApp to handle 70% of support queries with FRT less than 10 Seconds.
WhatsApp chatbot use cases for insurance companies
The insurance industry is a constant battle between speed and sureness.
Insurance companies want to process applications and claims as fast as possible. But the speed must not come at the cost of the strict legal and compliance standards set in place.
The number of applicants and the scale of documentation required makes insurance a challenging industry to innovate for. Insurance is also difficult for customers, every policy has unique terms and conditions. Insurance claims come right after something unfortunate has befallen a customer. Chaining customers to long email threads and keeping them on hold results in a disastrous customer experience.
Customer challenges for insurance companies include customers dropping off mid-application or renewing expiring contracts.
Companies can use a WhatsApp Chatbot for Business to tackle these hurdles. WhatsApp’s media-friendly interface allows customers to submit ID proof, health declaration forms, income statements, and signed proposal forms.
Chatbots can also automate the calculation of premiums, by asking qualification questions. These could be based on the duration, the plan chosen, the possibility of the claim, etc, age, income, job security, etc.
WhatsApp chatbot use-cases for insurance companies-
- Document submission – Collect income documents, address proof, ID proof and age proof using WhatsApp. Customers can take pictures and send them to the company using WhatsApp for one-touch document submission.
- Contract renewal and payments – An insurance company can use WhatsApp to remind customers where terms are running out or when payments are due. This reduces drop-off and encourages renewal.
- Automate claim processes – When customers inevitably file for claims, they’re in a state of duress. Unnecessary delays and unsatisfactory service ruin even the best customer experience in previous steps. WhatsApp can ensure that every claim is taken care of, through easy document submission and quick claim status confirmation.
Suggested Reading: Insurance Chatbots in a COVID-19 World
WhatsApp chatbot applications for the logistics industry
Logistics is the lifeblood of the internet commerce revolution.
From packers and movers to shipping and freight, customers count on logistics companies to move their goods across the world.
Low-level queries inundate logistics companies. Questions about order statuses, refund policies, cancellations, and returns clog support channels. Instead of having service reps manning phones and email all the time, move to a WhatsApp Chatbot.
Use a WhatsApp Chatbot for logistics to ease the process for your customers. Simply enter a tracking number and immediately talk to the bot about where your package is and how long it might take to get to you.
Ensure maximum query resolution by handing off high-level issues to human reps with ease.
Emails and phones simply don’t make the cut. With WhatsApp, send out real-time, second-by-second updates to your customers.
WhatsApp chatbot use-cases for companies dealing in logistics-
- Location updates – Most queries logistics companies entertain are low-level and easily automated. 80% of queries come from 20% of a company’s dataset. Use a WhatsApp Chatbot to answer these queries and allow your human reps to handle high-level interactions that require human support.
- Lead generation – Generate leads by interacting with prospects who’re interested in availing a company’s services. Ease customers through the sales process by removing sales hurdles. Encourage customers to engage with you on WhatsApp and generate leads.
- Receive feedback about transportation and delivery– Constant feedback before the delivery or at a later stage can be collected from the customer through the bot. This enables the logistics companies to analyze various factors such as their delivery service, condition of goods at the end of delivery, and performing their due diligence.
WhatsApp chatbot applications for the automotive industry
There is always an increasing demand for the purchase of vehicles, especially in India. The industry is constantly introducing new models that suit the need of increasing customers.
Certain Automotive dealers also provide motor insurance and integrate with companies dealing in insurance for vehicles. The chatbot can collect the requisite information and transfer it to the affiliated company. After this, the affiliated company can reach out to them.
Through the chatbot, you can book appointments for a free drive to check the functioning of the vehicle you prefer.
WhatsApp chatbot use-cases for automotive companies-
- Inquiry to the car dealer – The customers can reach out to the car dealer via WhatsApp chatbot for any servicing-related issue. With an FAQ chatbot, they can request servicing, alteration of any part, etc. The person can also enquire about the nearest servicing station for him/her to visit for any servicing issue.
- Reaching out to customers who are looking to purchase a vehicle – After the customers visit the site or fill up a form, they can be contacted. If there are any offers or reductions, they can be informed. The customer can be asked to book a slot for a visit or book a test drive etc.
- Test-drive booking – The customers who are interested in experiencing a test drive prior to making a purchase decision can schedule one via WhatsApp chatbots.
WhatsApp chatbot applications for travel & tourism companies
Travel and aviation websites suffer from a unique problem – round-the-clock traffic.
Companies typically work 8-hour days, but travel/tourism businesses have customers visiting their site 24/7.
This makes answering queries, providing support and generating leads challenging. If you’re only available for 1/3rd of the day, you’re losing out on 2/3rds of your potential business.
Instead of having customers search through your site for hours on end, direct them to your WhatsApp Chatbot for travel and answer their queries in seconds. Provide customers with boarding passes, gate notifications, web check-ins, and add-on purchases.
WhatsApp chatbot use-cases for companies dealing in travel and tourism-
- Selection of a trip package –The customers can reach out to the company to inquire about any travel and tourism package. They can also inquire about any package that might fit their budget or place of destination. Everyone has a different priority given to the factors that help in determining the package. Under this, people can also book their flight/train/bus tickets to reach a particular destination.
- Providing support to customers while they experience the package – Also, while on the trip, if the customer faces any difficulty or there is any sort of confusion, such as a change in location, incorrect address, etc. then the customer can revert back on the WhatsApp bot. An agent can be connected to the customer if the question gets too technical.
- Reaching out to the customers who have shown interest in any package – The travel agencies/ companies like make my trip can reach out to the customer on the basis of their visits and previously booked packages.
WhatsApp chatbot use cases for food tech and food services
Given its fast-growing nature, Foodtech is one of the most challenging industries in the world.
The two biggest challenges food tech and restaurants industry face are:
- The surge in volume during peak hours
- Coordinating with delivery folks, customers and restaurant/shops simultaneously
This combined with the erratic demand made already-slow support processes even slower, as bloated teams struggled to make the requisite changes while also keeping up with the flood of new users.
To keep communication smooth between all parties, foodtech and restaurant industries benefit a lot from a WhatsApp chatbot for Business.
With WhatsApp Chatbots for Foodtech, your common use cases include –
- Support customers – Customers usually have a lot of questions related to order details, status or incorrect orders. An FAQ chatbot-powered WhatsApp can answer these questions automatically and perform simple tasks such as refunds, etc. to reduce the load on agents.
- Update address and customer information – users want their food to be delivered to multiple addresses and hence, this is one of the most common use cases. Automating this process with a conversational AI-powered WhatsApp chatbot can reduce the number of tickets that are being created.
- Collect feedback – given its competitive nature, if restaurants and food service companies want to stay afloat, they need to know what their customers think and for that, they need to collect feedback. However, getting users to fill out forms is a challenge. They HATE responding to such SMS or emails. That’s where WhatsApp chatbots can make a difference. Learn how Lido Learning improved its form fill rates with a WhatsApp chatbot.
WhatsApp chatbot applications for healthcare
In the busy world of healthcare, streamlining processes saves time for professionals and customers alike.
The healthcare industry is unfortunately plagued by lots of repetitive tasks when it comes to operations. From booking meetings and checkups to following up with patients for reminders to filling up forms, there are just too many processes that need to be followed.
Using a WhatsApp chatbot in healthcare can help hospitals, clinics and patients save a lot of time, money, and hassle in the pre-and post consultation processes.
Despite the strict commerce policy regarding healthcare products and services, with WhatsApp chatbots for Businesses, Healthcare institutions can perform the following functions:
- Schedule appointments – Patients need to book their consultations and checkups much in advance. A WhatsApp chatbot for healthcare automates this process for them. It goes one step further by also reminding patients about their upcoming meetings and following up with them post the meeting as well.
- Access health records – The pain of document sharing can be reduced with WhatsApp chatbots. From their prescriptions to insurance details, everything can be uploaded and verified on the chatbots themselves. Truly paperless processes.
- Resolve support problems quickly – A healthcare WhatsApp chatbot to answer all other kinds of common queries you see daily. “How can I pay for my consultation?”, “Are consultations confidential?”, “Can I reschedule my appointment?” – Your healthcare WhatsApp chatbot can answer them all.
Summing it up
Through this, we can gather what all industries are desirable to implementing a WhatsApp chatbot.
Companies falling under any of these sectors must invest in a WhatsApp bot for their own benefit.
By performing several tasks, WhatsApp chatbots reduce the immense burden off of the employees by their ability to conduct repetitive tasks with ease. As discussed, WhatsApp bots will allow you to generate leads, book meetings, automate sales and perform various other activities to reduce monotonous tasks.