WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging applications in the world. Using WhatsApp’s click-to-chat feature, you can now easily create a WhatsApp Link and embed it on a site of your choice. Discover how to create a WhatsApp link in a step-by-step guide.
Anyone who clicks on this link can start a chat with a number of your choice. The WhatsApp click-to-chat link works both on the phone and WhatsApp web.
A WhatsApp Link can also open a chat with a prefilled message to send to the number. You can create your own link in the field down below. Scroll to the bottom of the blog for best practices while creating your link.
Suggested Reading: Meta Opens WhatsApp Cloud API to All Businesses
How to Create WhatsApp Link To Chat?
Creating your WhatsApp link to chat with message manually is just as easy. There are three primary parts of a click-to-chat WhatsApp link to chat.
- The standard link.
- The phone number you’d like customers to text when they click the link.
- The template text to be displayed in the entry field when they click the link.
A complete link would look like the following.
What Are The Advantages of WhatsApp Links?
WhatsApp Links can help you generate a predefined message for your customers to reach out to you with. You can share this link with your audience when they interact with your digital assets. From websites and images to ads and emails, you can embed these links across your platform and talk to your customers in real-time.
Talking to your customers can also make your marketing and customer support functions more fluid. A WhatsApp Chat Link can help you collect your customers’ phone numbers, improving your lead generation and sales.
For example, Verloop.io’s WhatsApp Chatbot link takes to the WhatsApp web page for booking demos. The conversational AI WhatsApp bot helps businesses in facilitating customer support.
Suggested Reading: Chatbots For WhatsApp: A Beginners Guide
One of the advantages of having a WhatsApp Link is that a customer doesn’t undertake any effort to engage with you. No “contact us” forms to fill or emails to write. The user clicking the link doesn’t even have to save your number. Simply click the link and get chatting.
What Kind of Industries Can Benefit From Using a WhatsApp Link?
Additionally, Event Organizers, Sales and Marketing Representatives and Business Owners can also use WhatsApp chat links to power customer sales and support.
Suggested Reading: Empower your Conversations with WhatsApp Pay
A Couple of Pointers to Remember
- When entering a phone number, ensure that you’ve omitted additional parameters that come with international phone numbers.
- This includes any zeroes, brackets or dashes. A phone number that looks like “+91 9535107825” will be inputted as “https://wa.me/+919535107825/”.
- Additionally, the phone number that your customers will reach out to should have an active WhatsApp account.
- If you want to add a local (in-country) phone number instead to your phone’s address book, enter the number as if you were calling your contact on the phone.
Suggested Reading: WhatsApp Bot: A Guide For India in 2021
As a bonus, here are some images that you can use as CTAs on your website or ads and embed the link in.
If this blog was of use to you, and you want to explore more resources for WhatsApp, we highly recommend you check out our FREE eBook on Comprehensive Guide to Ace Customer Support on WhatsApp.